I read through emails quickly to weed out the unimportant ones (those I delete right away or send an answer back. If I reply it is no more than a couple words or sentence that is needed), if I come across an email that will take more time or thought I mark it as unread and come back to it. Once I have gone through the emails in the way I return to the ones marked unread and spend time working on those, often times I pair this with a to do list. Then work on completing the to do list based on the emails.
- I work in retail. I have anything but a regular schedule. Trying to build routines that can’t be routine by a clock is tough. Help?
- How do you motivate yourself to take on tasks you’re dreading?
- Do you have any tricks to don’t forger the pomodoro time tracking? I use to do one or two pomodoros and then focus that much that I simply forget about the pomodoro timer.
- How they can work without interrupt give me clue please
- What happens when your task takes longer than 20 minutes?
- Sometimes I get anxious when starting a deep work session. I put too much pressure and I got blocked without doing anything. Any suggestions to enjoy the session?
- How do you stay discipline while being self employed?
- How do I get back on track after I realized I got distracted and will not be able to complete all my tasks for the day?
- How long do you Deep Work for?
- How do you stay focused when work-related chats, like Slack, constantly demand your attention?